1. Helps Control Blood Sugar & Cholesterol
2. Easy to digest for all age group
3. Rich in protien and iron
4. Sourced directly from farmers from salem TN.
Know the facts:
Foxtail Millet (Thinai:Tamil, Korra:Telugu, Navane:Kannada, Kang:Marathi) is the second-most widely planted millet in the world. They are high in Iron content and are totally pest-free. They aid in controlling blood sugar and cholesterol levels & increase HDL cholesterol.
Gluten Free: Foxtail Millet are considered to be the least allergenic and most easily digestible grains available. Since foxtail millet does not contain gluten, it is a wonderful grain alternative for people who are gluten-sensitive.
Helps Control Blood Sugar & Cholesterol: Unlike rice, foxtail millet releases glucose steadily without affecting the metabolism of the body. The incidence of diabetes is rare among the population which consumes foxtail millet diet. Foxtail Millet is a grain that should also be included on your list of heart-healthy choices because of its status as a good source of magnesium. A cup of cooked millet provides 19% of the daily value for magnesium.
Rich In Minerals, Proteins & Fiber: Foxtail Millet are particularly high in minerals like iron, magnesium, phosphorous and potassium. Foxtail millet are also rich in dietary fiber, protein and low in fat. Millets have been used in India for millions of years and have been known for its high nutritional profile and easy cooking abilities
You can easily replace rice with millets and the cooking is very similar to Rice.
Below we have mentioned some easy steps with which you can easily cook most millets with easy.
What You Need: Millets – 1 cup, Water -3 cups
Easy Cooking Steps:
1. Clean millets and remove grits if any.
2. Wash and add 3 cups of water and switch on the heat. When water starts boiling, reduce the heat to low, close it with a lid and cook for 10 minutes.
3. After 10 minutes, switch off the flameand let it sit for 20 minutes.
4. The millets will get cooked fully in that resting time.
Fluff it with a fork and serve just as you serve rice.
Note -You can pressure cook millets in the same way as you pressure cook rice. For 1 cup of millets, add 2 1/2 -2 3/4 cup of water depending upon your personal preference.
Foxtail Millets 500g
- Product Code: Millet Organic 500 gms
- Availability: In Stock
- Price in reward points: 45
Tags: Foxtail Millets 500g